Thursday, February 19, 2015

Heartstrings


Leighton walked out on stage–mug in hand–wearing a very simple, laid back look. She's as sweet in real life as she was feisty on Gossip Girl. And her music...j'adore. Last night was the first stop on the Heartstrings tour, Leighton's first headlining show. She sang, played guitar, and kept up good humor even when the crowd showered her with "I love you!" and "What was it like kissing Ed Westwick?" remarks. Though she didn't play any of her earlier music, she did do a cover of No Doubt's "Say That You Love Me" as well as a Loretta Lynn number. I love when she sings country so I was super happy about that!

I definitely recommend checking her tour out if it stops near you. And, of course, grab her album! In addition to spending time with my good friend, I also liked that Leighton's opener was a local musician. Owen Danoff is a great lyricist and easy going guy himself. All in all, sweet night of music!

The Birchmere didn't allow photography so I wasn't able to snap any pics. Still, I've shared the look she was wearing and how you can purchase each piece to get your own laid back concert look!

Leighton wore an open denim shirt. Find this one here.
A simple tank worked well with. Try this one.
Dark denim? A girl after my own heart, I'd say! Try these.

Starting the tour in suede comfort. This works!

What's your favorite track on 'Heartstrings'? 

xo | din

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...