Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pit Stops and Victory Laps


Last week I was in Indianapolis for a conference. Lord have mercy, it was so cold! Truly I do not know how people live there! Fortunately, I had just snagged this awesome Betsy Johnson coat-- water resistant, deep pockets, and a hood. Besides being too cute with all of its details, it kept me warm as my cohort and I walked around downtown after dinner.

The pictures aren't so clear-- I don't think my iPhone was ready for a night shoot!-- nonetheless, wanting to share this festive downtown Indy display and the coat that graced the sidewalks. What do you think?

If you read our last post, or follow us on Facebook, you noticed that it was my 30th birthday (!!) on Monday. On Saturday, while my friend and colleague waited for our flight home, we had lunch at Steak N' Shakes. I haven't been to this restaurant in years! I remember going once when my family was driving to/through the midwest and my sister and I just loved it! So, when I saw Indy had one, I had to stop! Not only is the restaurant celebrating their 80th (with a birthday milkshake and all!), one of the waitresses was celebrating a birthday, too. They scooted her to middle of the restaurant and the singing began. Next thing I know, my friend says to them, "it's her birthday, too."

Long story short, check out this video* of the Downtown Indianapolis Steak N' Shakes staff and patrons wishing me Happy Birthday. Definitely had a girl smilin'!



xo | din


soft shell coat | Betsey Johnson (limited qty available, similar here)
infinity scarf | LOFT
pants | Tahari
bag | Jessica Simpson
shoes | Me Too

*Can't view video on your device? Watch it on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...